Bookmark this job
Job Post ID:
Coordinate a constellation of activities on behalf of children from the age of birth to-3 and their families contacting them regarding Early Intervention programs, services and eligibility. Develop and oversee the implementation of an Individual Family Services Plan (IFSP) to address the needs of the child.
* Contact with the Early Intervention enrolled child/family at least one time per month.
* Coordinate the activities for the implementation of the service plan.
* Coordinate the performance of the initial & annual evaluations/assessments.
* Practice family friendly service coordination. Provide families with the service options available within their area
* Facilitate and participate in the development, review and evaluation of the Service Plan. This includes Service Plan updates, six month reviews and the annual evaluation of the IFSP.
* Assist families in identifying credentialed/enrolled/available service providers.
* Promote open communication with each Service Provider
* Act as liaison between the families and the Providers
* Inform families of their rights and the availability of advocacy services.
* Help families access other needed services such as but not limited to WIC, Housing, All Kids, etc.
* Coordinate with medical and health providers, including requests for medical records and other medical documentation from physicians, hospitals, nurses, etc.
* Facilitate the development and implementation of a transition plan to preschool or other services, if appropriate. This includes conducting a Transition meeting with the school district.
* Maintenance of the child's comprehensive permanent record at the Child and Family Connections office. Maintenance includes: Evaluation/Assessment, six month summary reports from all providers who participate as a member of each child's service team; Notes on the progress of the child's transition plan implementation which is to begin at age two years, six months; Service Plan updates; and
Any other documentation required to keep the child's permanent record updated.
* Maintain EI ongoing caseload and training in intake skills by performing a minimum number of intakes a month.
* Maintain EI credentialing for Service Coordination.
* Participate in agency commitees as assigned by the President/CEO
* Attend regularly scheduled staff and program meetings
* Perform all other related duties as assigned by the supervisor, PM or the President/CEO
Bachelors Degree in Human Services or a related field
Birth to 3 Case Management experience preferred
Early Intervention credentialing preferred BUT also required within 3 months of hire
One year experience with the developmentally delayed/ disabled population preferred
Basic Computer skills preferred
Valid Illinois Drivers License required
Must have car for transportation to visits/meetings
Competitive benefits offered including healthcare, 401K, vacation and holidays. Details discussed if offered a face to face interview.
Cover Letter, Resume and References can either be emailed, faxed or mailed to Rachael Cimino:
Fax: 815-730-2650 attn: Rachael Cimino
Mail: 2300 Glenwood Ave., Joliet, IL 60435