Bookmark this job
Job Post ID:
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for safely operating downstream equipment and the total packaging of the quality container in accordance with customer and/ or site
1.Responsible for food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action.
2.Ensures team members practice safe work habits, and follows and enforces all safety rules, policies and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
3.Leads associates to help ensure efficient inventory movement and control.
4.Sets expectations and plans workload for associates.
5.Trains and coaches team members. Escalates issues requiring disciplinary action to Warehouse Supervisor.
6.Deals with all forms of shipping; example (LTL- less than truckload), late deliveries, etc.
7.Safely operates forklift. Loads trucks, etc.
8.Ensures forklift is properly maintained. Works with maintenance as needed to resolve machinery and equipment problems.
9.Communicates verbally and in writing to Warehouse Supervisor, associates, truck drivers, customers and vendors.
10.Utilizes the computer on a regular basis; uses SAP and other programs to enter data and generate reports.
11.Uses RF Scanner.
12.Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
2. Manual dexterity as well as good hand/eye coordination as determined during the interviewing processes.
3. Mechanically inclined.
4. Team oriented.
5. Strong attention to detail.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYISCAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Light physical effort required, continuous mental and visual attention required.
2. Eyesight correctable to 20/20 required.
3. Lift/push up to 35 lbs. on a regular basis.
4. Walk up stairs.
5. Manual dexterity.
6. Overtime required per schedule.
Medical, Dental, Vision