Bookmark this job
Certified Medical Assistant/Registered Medical Assistant
Job Post ID:
West Chicago, Naperville, Hinsdale, Joliet
Under the direction of the Site Physician(s) and Practice Manager, serves as a primary assistant to physicians and nurses. May also be directed by employees in a charge or lead role. Practices high quality medical care in performing a variety of patient care activities such as preparation for appointments, minor exams and procedures, laboratory and maintenance controls, patient documentation, and various office duties.
Depending on Practice Site Requirements, an incumbent in this position may not perform all the key responsibilities listed below. However, it is expected that at least 80% of the responsibilities are performed for this job. Travel to other sites may be required
Other Duties as Assigned:
(Depending on Office Specific Requirements)
Front desk reception. May perform patient registration and scheduling. Confirm appointments and insurance coverage. Processes mail
• High School diploma or GED and a graduate of an approved Certified Medical Assistant program and has successfully passed the national certification exam including one of the following: American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), the NCMA sponsored through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), Paramedic program or Registered Medical Assistants (RMA) accredited program. Current and active certification through the AAMA or AMT (governing body of the RMA), NCCT, or current Paramedic license.
• Maintains Certified Medical Assistant Certification and is CPR certified. Must complete skills verification testing for tasks required for this position.
• Must be experienced in PC/keyboard skills and Microsoft office applications.
• Must possess excellent communication and writing skills.
• Must have the ability to plan, organize, and work independently; exhibits problem-solving skills.
• Able to develop professional rapport with employees at all levels of the company.
• Must be able to perform CPR when necessary.
• Practices OSHA safety standards and complies with HIPAA at all times.
• Preferred one-year experience in a medical setting such as a doctor’s office, hospital or long-term nursing facility.
• Ability to pass CMA/RMA competency training during a 90 day new hire orientation period and on an annual basis.
Medical, Dental, Vision