Bookmark this job
CNC Machinist (CNC Lathe and Mill)
Job Post ID:
2nd and 3rd Shift
All set up paperwork for blueprints, set up fixtures, and gages.
Positions and secures tools in machine as instructed by process sheets and set up procedures.
Sets controls to set specified speeds, feed rates, and depths of cuts.
Positions and secures workpiece in jaws or fixture.
Indexes machine and adjustments positions of tools at each operation in relation to workpiece to assure clearance between moving parts and machining of specified dimensions and tolerances.
Run first piece and checks to stated dimensions.
Observes operation and changes tooling and inserts as necessary during operations.
Verifies conformance of machined workpieces to specifications as stated in inspection sequence.
Set ups may involved, bolting fixtures and jaws, setting and adjusting from different tools in cutting tools, setting machine stops, feeds and speeds, checking dimension on set up piece and making final tool adjustments.
Makes autonomous maintenance adjustments to machinery and fluid levels.
Records daily production and is responsible for returning all set up material and paperwork to proper areas.
Responsible for periodic part inspection to assure production of quality parts.
Operator is solely responsible for checking the part from first piece through periodic inspections.
Responsible for housekeeping or machine and work area.
Assists new operators on set up.
If problems are encountered in set up or operation contact Team or Group Leader.
• Applied knowledge of Controls and Instrumentation
• Applied knowledge and ability to read blueprints and assemble parts according to specification
• Knowledge of manufacturing quality
• Applied knowledge of mechanical inspection tools
• Applied knowledge of hand tools
• Applied knowledge of power tools
• Use of good judgment
• Willingness to cross train in other areas of the plant as required
High School diploma or equivalent preferred
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, process method sheets, procedure manuals, blueprints and NC manuscripts.
• Ability to speak English and Spanish is a plus, but not required
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute percentages and other metrics, and to communicate results.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
GKN Shafts & Services