Bookmark this job
Press Assistant Operator (Flatbeds)
Job Post ID:
Assists Lead Operator by setting up and maintaining the machine. Interprets job orders for this equipment, plans necessary operations, and sets up and adjusts equipment for run. Monitor equipment during operations to ensure tolerances are being maintained and quality is being met. Make adjustments as necessary. Perform daily maintenance duties such as cleaning machinery to remove paper dust and lint, check pumps and other operating parts for proper lubrication and lubricate equipment as needed.
• Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out-tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies.
• Pulls and inspects run samples and notifies Lead Operator and/or Management in the event quality standards are not being met.
• Prepares the press for a run by verifying job specs and setting up the press accordingly.
• Maintains proper inventory of incoming/outgoing materials.
• Monitors the flow of materials throughout the run.
• Works in conjunction with the press operators and other assigned Press Assistants in troubleshooting and making repairs to press.
• May assist with make-readies.
Job Knowledge & Skills
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
• Ability to read, understand and carry out written instructions.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal instructions.
• Standing 100% of the entire shift with frequent bending.
• Lifting up to 50 lbs occasionally, 35 lbs frequently.
• Grasping with both hands for long periods of time.
Excellent focus for maintaining premium safety behavior. Daily attendance is required. Position requires overtime hours which may include extended hours either before or after one's shift, as well as weekend work hours. Proper PPE is required to be work in all production and logistics areas.
Must be at least 18 years of age or older to be considered for this role. In addition, candidates must be willing to submit to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
We are experiencing some EXCITING GROWTH at this time, and offer an excellent benefits package for all full-time team members. We offer medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, and a 401K savings plan. In addition, we have 10 paid holidays, vacation time, and various employee discounts. Come join our team TODAY!
RR Donnelley / Genesis Packaging is a specialty corrugate manufacturing and logistics organization in Lemont, Illinois. We provide specialty corrugated packaging and displays, and are a very unique sheet manufacturing and logistics organization with some of the finest print capabilities in the corrugated industry, as well as litho mounting & die cutting (flat bed & rotary) capabilities. Our team is proud to serve our customers with marketing kits, promotional packaging, retail packaging and POS / POP displays.
Interested applicants are encouraged to APPLY ONLINE ONLY at our website of: jobs.rrdonnelley.com. No walk-in's, phone inquiries, or emails are accepted.