Bookmark this job
Lead Press Operator (Flatbeds)
Job Post ID:
Operate, set up and adjusts machine and equipment for production runs. Continually check quality, clean and maintain machine to ensure its optimum operation. Ability to troubleshoot issues and submit requests for maintenance as needed. Coordinates the assignment of crew members and provides training for new team members. Requires familiarity with routine operating procedures of equipment which can be set up and operated following a few step by step instructions and the skill to operate the equipment. Requires skill to perform minor clerical tasks incidental to the operation of the equipment (e.g., maintain machine operating and maintenance such as cleaning and lubricating the equipment). Ability to identify if improper machine operation and make basic adjustments.
• Ensure strict adherence to company safety and quality standards.
• Act as a leader in providing a safe work environment/mentor others in keeping safety first.
• Inspects quality of each load run checking pre-determined run pulls.
• Interpret job layouts information and project specs and requirements.
• Make-ready and setup to adjust equipment for new product sheets to be direct printed and cut (sets feeder, lockup die, plates, ink and delivery).
• Maintains accurate written records of production, records, waste, production time etc. utilizing shop floor data collection system.
• Operates equipment to achieve maximum quality throughout job process.
• Performs duties as requested by supervisor and plant manager.
Job Knowledge & Skills
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
• Ability to read, understand and carry out written instructions.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal instructions.
• Standing / lifting / bending / grasping – see additional physical demands.
• Computer skills / interaction necessary.
• Experience with ink color formulating may be required.
• Problem solving ability
• Experience with equipment operations, safety guidelines.
• Standing 100% of the entire shift with frequent bending.
• Lifting up to 50 lbs occasionally, 35 lbs frequently.
• Grasping with both hands for long periods of time.
Excellent focus for maintaining premium safety behavior. Daily attendance is required. Position requires overtime hours which may include extended hours either before or after one's shift, as well as weekend work hours. Proper PPE is required to be work in all production and logistics areas.
Must be at least 18 years of age or older to be considered for this role. In addition, candidates must be willing to submit to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
We are experiencing some EXCITING GROWTH at this time, and offer an excellent benefits package for all full-time team members. We offer medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, and a 401K savings plan. In addition, we have 10 paid holidays, vacation time, and various employee discounts. Come join our team TODAY!
RR Donnelley / Genesis Packaging is a specialty corrugate manufacturing and logistics organization in Lemont, Illinois. We provide specialty corrugated packaging and displays, and are a very unique sheet manufacturing and logistics organization with some of the finest print capabilities in the corrugated industry, as well as litho mounting & die cutting (flat bed & rotary) capabilities. Our team is proud to serve our customers with marketing kits, promotional packaging, retail packaging and POS / POP displays.
Interested applicants are encouraged to APPLY ONLINE ONLY at our website of: jobs.rrdonnelley.com. No walk-in's, phone inquiries, or emails are accepted.