Bookmark this job
Job Post ID:
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
• Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
• Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
• Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
• Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifies supervisor to obtain additional resources.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level
• Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
• Attends and contributes to team EI meetings.
• Contributes to team by accomplishing results as needed.
• Cross-trains in all areas of assembly and helps in other departments as needed.
• Applied knowledge of Controls and Instrumentation
• Applied knowledge and ability to read blueprints and assemble parts according to specification
• Knowledge of manufacturing quality
• Applied knowledge of mechanical inspection tools
• Applied knowledge of hand tools
• Applied knowledge of power tools
• Use of good judgment
• Willingness to cross train in other areas of the plant as required
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
GKN Shafts and Services
2715 Davey Road, Suite 100
Woodridge, IL 60517