Bookmark this job
Job Post ID:
1st and 2nd Shift
Part-time 16 hrs. weekly (11:30a-8p) with an every other weekend requirement Fri., Sat. Sun.
Performs diversified activities in kitchen, serving areas, dish room and dining room. Consistently demonstrates Timberline Knolls’ values of uncompromising care, relentless compassion, and unconditional joyful spirit.
• Serves meals to residents, staff and visitors.
• Assists production personnel as directed.
• Responsible for the set-up and maintenance of the serving line.
• Ensures compliance with food service sanitation and safety during serving.
• Responsible for the proper use, sanitation and care of kitchen equipment.
• Communicates with production staff regarding special diet needs.
• Maintains a clean work environment and performs tasks necessary to achieve that goal.
• Responsible for bus work in dining hall.
• Participates in departmental performance improvement activities in relation to the overall performance improvement plan.
EDUCATION/TRAINING/EXPERIENCE: High School or GED preferred. Experience in dietary department in a hospital or restaurant is preferred.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to read and follow oral and written instructions is required.
SPECIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Position required food preparation and operation of food service machinery.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND HAZARDS: Works in the Kitchen of the Dining Hall. Hazards include:
• Working with electric machinery and food service equipment.
• Potential risk of exposure to communicable diseases.
Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center is respected nationwide for its treatment of eating disorders, substance abuse and addiction, and mood disorders.
Our residents – adult women and adolescent girls – come to us when they need immediate, life-saving and life-changing help. Our vision is to help residents achieve lifelong recovery by bringing together clinical treatment with spiritual and emotional growth.
Treatment is holistic, individualized, and nurturing. Our integrated treatment programs prepare women and their families to move forward to a new, productive phase of their lives. We champion the life inside of every resident — in her strengths and weaknesses, with her skills and deficits, and ultimately in the power of her recovery from disease.
Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment Center is accredited by The Joint Commission, the nation’s leading healthcare accrediting organization.