Bookmark this job
Job Post ID:
Administrative / Office
HR Partner, Naperville/Aurora Office
At MDBS, we believe in advancement and mentoring. The only drawback to that value is that our Human Resources Partner is moving on to her dream HR job! This leaves MDBS in need of a dynamic, creative HR professional to address day-to-day HR issues with our team of 1,100 employees.
Military Deli & Bakery Services is the #1 provider of deli/bakeries to U.S. Military, with over 100 locations nationwide. Our corporate office is located on the Naperville/Aurora border. Here we have a fun group of individuals, who believe in collaboration and cross-training between Human Resources, Payroll, and Operations.
We are currently seeking a full time HR Partner to join our Human Resources department. This is a highly responsible position, providing both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to our organization. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. This person will be responsible for handling the day to day personnel issues in assigned regions, helping to ensure that team members and management are in compliance with local, state and federal labor laws as well as company policies and procedures, and are satisfied and well-informed. In addition, this role will provide support the whole company with recruitment, retention, team member training and development on human resource related topics, team member relations and conflict resolution while maintaining legal compliance and a positive work environment that aligns with MDBS’s vision. This is a full-time, salaried position, with hours of 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability Federal Contractor
Job Type: Full-time
• Provide excellent HR support to our field managers and associates in all areas of HR, to include hiring, payroll, policy administration, Workers’ Comp, benefits, disability leave, compensation, discipline and motivation, training, etc.
• Individual is responsible for closely monitoring and ensuring compliance with changing state, federal, and Service Contract Act regulations. Review policies and implement changes on a continual basis
• Partner with managers in the areas of employee motivation, progressive discipline, and terminations. Create and maintain defensible documentation of all employee actions.
• Manage implementation, roll out and provide ongoing support of MDBS programs and policies. Assess company needs and find creative solutions.
• Occasionally travel to MDBS Deli/Bakeries to address critical issues such as harassment claims, employee complaints, staffing shortages, and manager training.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field required.
• Minimum three years of HR generalist experience; HR management a strong plus.
• PHR or SHRM-CP certification required at hire, or obtained within 1 year of start date.
• Ability to travel up to 2 weeks a year by car or airplane.
• Proficiency in current state and federal regulations.
• Experience with Leave of Absence Administration.
• Great public speaking skills to conduct in-person training to managers and employees.
• Retail or food service background a strong plus.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Proven mediation and problem-solving skills, ability to gain buy-in and agreement.
• Must be a self-starter, self-motivated and able to work independently while making sound decisions. Desire to help others and ability to be discreet. Confidentiality is essential.
We offer great benefits including medical, dental, disability, 401K retirement plan, and much more!
~~~~~ TO APPLY : Please send your resume and cover letter. Inquiry must include: 1) Current compensation 2) Reason for leaving the most recent position 3) Your experience with multi-state or multi-location HR.