Bookmark this job
Direct Support Professional/CNA
Job Post ID:
$10.50/hr to start
Rockdale, Joliet, Plainfield
- Provide for the Consumer’s daily care:
- Bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Transferring and ambulating;
- Help create a positive home environment;
- Help the consumer develop trust;
- Offer emotional support to the Patient and work with the family;
- Communicate and actively listen;
- Follow all infection control practices;
- Maintain a clean, safe environment and report safety problems immediately to the QIDP;
- Determine measurements accurately (temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, weight, intake, output, and food consumption if in High risk plan)
- Observe and report any changes in the consumer’s appearance, behavior, and/or mood to the QIDP; and
- Other direct care tasks as assigned.
- Pass Med as required
High school graduate or GED. Prefer one year experience as a direct care working with people with developmental disabilities.
• Must demonstrate successful completion of a direct care staff competency evaluation program that addresses all of the State requirements.
• Must be in good standing with the state aide registry if currently required to be entered on that registry.
• Conduct a county check for all of the counties the Direct Care Staff has lived or worked in for the past 3 years.
• Conduct a State criminal background check for all of states the Direct Care Staff has lived or worked in for the past 3 years.
• Demonstrates knowledge and competency performing supportive service procedures.
• Exhibits ability to follow care plans.
• Documents client care per Agency policy and procedures.
• Recognizes the needs and concerns of people and maintains constructive working relationships when dealing with them.
• Willing to work towards the good of the team.
• Participates in quality improvement activities.
• Must have access to valid Illinois motor vehicle operator’s license and have access to reliable automobile with current automobile insurance coverage.
• Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the position without posing a direct threat to the health and/or safety of him or her, or others, in the workplace.
We offer competitive rates, vacation time and mileage.
Help at Home, LLC. is a leading provider of home care and Developmental Disability services with offices throughout Illinois and the Midwest. We are looking for caring and compassionate individuals to become members of the Help At home team of professionals.
Email resume to: