Bookmark this job
Job Post ID:
We are seeking a Laser Operator on 3rd Shift at our Fabrication Division in Romeoville, IL.
The successful candidate will have experience operating automated CNC equipment. Specifically, this individual will be responsible for operation of a laser cutting tube laser outfitted with a Siemens Controller, and a 3500-watt Rofin Resonator. Go to http://chicagotube.com/video.html and click on any of the following: LASER CUTTING – SMALL PARTS, LASER CUTTING – MEDIUM PARTS, or LASER CUTTING – LARGE PARTS to see the equipment operate. Specific duties include:
• Operate industrial tube laser cutting machine
• Monitor machine efficiency and ensure all equipment is operational
• Perform in process inspections on parts
• Sort and package product into boxes
• Discard non-conforming product and handle according to policy
• Stock machine with raw materials
• Perform adjustments to meet qualify specifications
• Complete daily production records and logs
• Follow all health & safety standards
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The ideal candidate should possess these basic skills:
• Hands-on work experience with CNC production equipment
• Strong background in a production manufacturing environment that uses standard metalworking inspection measuring tools
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good working knowledge of computer systems, including MS Office
• Ability to sit, stand and walk on a varying basis throughout work schedule
• Ability to carry and/or maneuver up to 50 pounds
• Understanding of blueprint reading and the principles of dimensioning and tolerances
Company policy requires that the selected candidate complete a successful criminal background check and drug screen.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as supplemental life and disability benefits. We also offer a 401(k) Plan.
Chicago Tube and Iron Company is a leader in the metals distribution and fabrication industry. We are an established company with an impressive record of profitability and growth. At Chicago Tube and Iron, we like to think of ourselves as a company that is big enough to offer financial strength and stability, but yet small enough to quickly change direction when our customers’ needs require it. Our sales force and operations personnel share their expertise to come up with the best possible solutions for our customers. Want to know more? Visit us at www.chicagotube.com.