Bookmark this job
Job Post ID:
Under limited supervision, the mechanic position performs work of considerable difficulty in the repair and maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Diagnoses, rebuilds and repairs vehicles and equipment
• Preforms inspections and preventive maintenance of vehicles and equipment
• Prepares and maintains records and reports
• Provide courteous and professional service
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment in compliance with Company and OSHA standards
This position does not have direct reports.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions
Required Protective Clothing:
Masks, hard hat, gloves, safety vest as needed.
• Certified Diesel and heavy Machinery Technician
• 5 plus years’ Experience
• OSHA Certification Preferred
• Proficiently in the following areas:
o Electronic engine systems
o Air brake systems
o Diesel engines
o Electrical components
o Hydraulic systems
o Engine construction
o Fuel systems
o Power trains
Demonstrates and strives for collaboration and teamwork, leads by example, communicates to seeks clarity and understanding when issues arise, continuously improves processes and consistently performs well, is responsible in regards to safety and environmental objectives and policies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and or move items over 50 pounds.
Constant observation, peripheral vision.